A salt water bath is an amazing way to cleanse your aura prior to ritual, and to clear negative energy - especially that of those around you. Whether or not you know it, you come into contact with various people and environment, all of which have their own energy vibrations. Not all of these frequencies are high and positive; because your energy field is constantly taking in and putting out vibrations, some of the vibrations (including your own thoughts, as well as external influences) are low and will bring you down if left unchecked. This is also a great way to clear bad luck/energy if you can feel it lingering.
Some other benefits of Salt Water Bathing:
• The skin is an organ of elimination, and a salt water soak will draw toxins and heavy metals from the tissues.
• The essential trace minerals your body needs are absorbed through the skin to enhance your health
• Skin conditions can be aided, as bacteria and other debris are also drawn from the skin, leaving it feeling fresh and rejuvenated
• Salt water baths can help to relieve muscular aches and pains as well as sore joints
• Circulation is increased, which your body can always use
This is not a time to use shampoos, soap, conditioners - you want to distinguish this as a ritual and not a regular bath. If possible, shower and cleanse fully before beginning this ritual.
Salt Water Bath
1. Make sure you won’t be disturbed for at least an hour. Optional: light candles or incense or play relaxing music. Utilize what makes your aura lighter.
2. Fill your bath with warm water. The level is up to you. Don't make it too hot.
3. Add 2-3 good handfuls of salt. Use a good quality unprocessed salt, such as unrefined sea salt or Himalayan crystal salt. Do not use regular table salt, as this has added anti-caking agents and has been refined, which removes beneficial minerals.
4. Optional: add a few drops of pure essential oils for aromatherapy purposes. Lavender is a good choice, as it will also help you to relax and unwind, and is generally very safe.
5. Soak for about 20-30 minutes. While you do so, make it your intention to let go of all negativity. You can pray for the release of any energy that you no longer wish to carry, or that is not for your highest good. You can also ask for spiritual support to raise your spiritual vibration, or recite the below a few times:
"Spirit Guide, use this water to wash away all negative energy. Release all energy that no longer serves me and replace it with pure, white light. With the Goddess, protect me"
6. For the best results, air dry when you get out of the bath. You may use a towel for your head and put a robe on, but do not towel dry. If possible, don’t take another shower or bath for 24 hours.
7. Take a salt water bath no more than once a week. This is a very powerful bath and should be taken close to a Full or New Moon for best results. Do NOT prepare or have the bath around 6am, 12 noon, 6pm, 12 midnight – this includes half an hour before & afterwards (so NOT btw 5.30-6.30 or 11.30-12.30 both am & pm)!